Hollywood

Me and Hollywood. East coast, west coast. My puritan New England forebears and the airbrushed appearance-is-all wannabes of tinsel-town. It's hard not to notice the difference between the suspicious easterners and left coasters who uncritically adopt any philosophy or religion not matter how flimsy. Think of it as the people who lost the Dodgers and the people who are only vaguely aware that the Dodgers arrived here (when they're not busy fawning over the Lakers). Not a match made in heaven I'll admit.


But just as I was sharpening my pen to make fun of all the vacuous left-coasters I had all kinds of fun meandering through Hollywood taking in the walk of fame and some of the other sights on Hollywood/Vine/Sunset Boulevards. It's amazing how much you actually recall and how much fun it is to let all the memories wash over you. So even though I'm still counting the hair/nail/beauty places in my neighborhood I'm also digging some of the best and most creative retail in the US and some of the fun historical stuff like the theater that only shows silent films next to my hostel. Good times.